"Respawning too fast" errors after updates

Q's:
  No further details on what it is that's respawning?   If you're
  running a X11 session, did you CTL-ATL-F1 to see what's on the console?
  Run xconsole while it's happening.... see if anything new pops up.

  Maybe enabling some additional logging in /etc/syslog.conf might
  give better clues?

  Can you post your /etc/inittab & a complete block of the errors?

  Last, have you rebooted since the upgrade?

I don't see why MySQL would be respawning.  That's usually an init problem.
My initial instinct would be not waste time with MySQL.  Either it starts
or it doesn't...  it's shouldn't be respawning...