new to BLU...

On Thursday 07 November 2002 06:27 pm, Daniel Ng wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to BLU, so please excuse my ignorance. I
> would like to get actively involved, meet new people,
> etc.

The meetings are free and open.  Just come on down.  If you have any specific
interests, let us know.

> I found out about the upcoming Software Dev conference
> in Boston, and will definitely be volunteering for
> that...

I'll be there.  I'm just going for the expo though.  I looked into the
volunteer page, and they're basically asking you for two 12-hour days of
volunteering in exchange for one day of conference.  While that comes out to
$25/hr, that's a long two days for a family guy such as myself.

> ...can anyone suggest other additional ways I can get
> actively involved?

In BLU, or Linux, or open source, or geekery in general?

> Please reply to my email address directly as I have
> yet to subscribe to this list...

uh, didn't you just say you wanted to get more involved?  Subscribing to the
list, man!

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "I still say a church steeple with a lightening rod on
DK KD  top shows a lack of confidence."
DDDD                                                           - Doug McLeod