ATTBI just changed DNS servers

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 09:17:47AM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> I run my own.

Me too, but 4.2.2.1 is so easy to remember that I think I will.  For
example, one of the root servers moved recently so I changed that file
in my tinydns installation.  My too-vclever-by-half moment was to
create an RCS directory there so I could keep track of my changes and
that broke it.  I found it quickly, but had I not knowing another DNS
server could come in handy.  4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.1.  Now maybe I
will remember it.

> It gives me < 1ms response time (assuming the address I want is
> cached, of course).

Which for me it will frequently not be.  Still, more reliable than
using my ISP's, even considering my self-induced outage last night.

-kb