X forwarding an ssh connection with sudo

> I'm trying to sudo a command that runs an X app through an ssh
> connection between a linux machine and a solaris box.  The problem I'm
> having is that the X forwarding doesn't allow a window to be thrown back
> when you're changing uid's.  I believe that when I use sudo (or su) it
> loses control of the pipe that would normally have the app sent back
> through.

I ran into this same problem when logging in as a normal user and trying
to run an X app after running 'su -'.  I found that the default behavior
for this had changed in the recent versions of OpenSSH and could be
reverted by editing the line in the sshd_config file to "X11UseLocalhost
no".  There are security implications to this and you should read up on
them to make sure it's what you want to do, as I don't remember exactly
what they are.

-b