bizzare application crash

exit.

have you tried a strace un it yet?

-----Original Message-----
From: FRamsay at castelhq.com [mailto:FRamsay at castelhq.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 2:22 PM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: bizzare application crash

I'm having a major problem with an application crashing.

The problem is that no core file is produced so I don't have a clue
_why_ it's happening. I'm hoping someone has seen
this kind of behaviour.

- there is no core file produced
- the launch script explicity sets the coredump size to unlimited
- the directory where the application is run from is writeable.

Since the above conditions are true, I'm thinking it's not actually
producing a core file. So my question is this, when would a crash _not_
produce a core?

Kernel 2.4.9-31
RedHat 7.2
Linux Streams 2.13.16