system V packaging

hi ,
    Can any one  lead me  to some docs on restrictions  on the characters
that can be part of SYSTEM V packaging. I am basically trying  some
packaging  and I want to  know before hand if there  any restrictions  on
the chars in the filenames  of the files that I plan to package. I have
chars like "^"  as part of my file names.

thanks and regards
Andy