Sorry but an urgent windows question

I just got a MSI nvidia geforce4 ti 4600. I installed the drivers and all, but when i go to the control panel and then to the display properties the drivers add 2 msi menus to it.  When i try to access them it gives me some error and i am forced to shut down the window.  this happens under 2000 as well as xp.  also when i run games the computer just randomly restarts (my guess is that it is related to this video card problem).  i can't seem to figure out what the problem is. i receded the card and installed and uninstalled the drivers several times.  Could it be some bios setting that needs to be changed or tweaked?  Please help me out.  I've been at this thing for 2  weeks now.  thank you.

Abhishake