Linux Software Raid 1 Recovery Question

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 10:35:45AM -0400, Drew Taylor wrote:
> I found this on a blog about successfully being able to boot from either
> drive. You might find it useful if you have not already figured it out.
>
> http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000201.html#000201
> http://unthought.net/Software-RAID.HOWTO/Software-RAID.HOWTO.html

Thanks.  I didn't realize that the Software Raid Howto was so recently
updated (4 August 2002).

We have tried a few more experiments with my co-worker's machine, and
it still isn't booting off of /dev/hdc.  But I can't try everything I
want as I have to drag him through it.  I guess it is time to do a Red
Hat install on my kitchen computer so I will have a guinea pig.

We did notice that newer copies of lilo have an example lilo.conf for
bootable software raid.  There are some obvious things to try
there...I just need to get the chance.

-kb, the Kent who is glad his machine seems happy to keep extending
its 49-day uptime, and who is glad the big powerplant fire in Boston
yesterday doesn't seem to affect his power in Somerville.