The race to GCC 3

On Friday 27 September 2002 12:21 pm, Mark J. Dulcey wrote:
> It looks like the move to GCC 3 is finally on. MandrakeSoft wins the race
> to the gate with LinuxMandrake 9.0, which can be downloaded now. (Packaged
> versions won't be available for a month, though.) Red Hat will follow on
> Monday with Red Hat Linux 8.0, and SuSE follows close behind with SuSE
> Linux 8.1, due October 7. All three include GCC 3.2 and kernel 2.4.19.

So I guess we won't be able to easily upgrade from 7.3 to 8.0.  I spent way
too much time getting my server right to start from e2fsck again.
DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  As a SysAdmin, yes, I CAN read your e-mail,
DK KD  but I DON'T get that bored!
DDDD