ATT Broadband internet info wanted

I've had AT&T Broadband for about 8 years (when it first was available in
Newton as Continental Cablevision). At that time I was running a thin-wire
ethernet in my house.

Currently I have a Motorola SB4100 cable modem to a Linksys EtherFast?
Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router w/4-Port Switch  (BEFW11S4). I have 2 Linux
(SuSe 7.3 and SuSE 8.0) systems on the network with a couple of my wife's
Windows systems and my daughter's occational Mac OSX system.

Most cable modem and DSL providers support only Windows, which means when
you talk to them, their drones are reading from a cookbook.

Over the years, I have had very few problems. I have had 2 service calls
where a service person came onsite. One time they swapped out my leased
cable modem (with the old-style AUI connector) with a newer RJ45. I have
since upgraded from BNC (10base2) to 10baseT. I was running IP Masqerade
with 2 NICS before I got my Linksys router.
The most recent problems were:
1. Had a cable outage on Saturday for about 30 mins. Affected both TV and
Internet.
2. AT&T has been reconfiguring their network. About 4 or 5 months ago, when
I lost the network, I called. After being upgraded to someone competent,
the problem was easily solved. Required a quick self reprovision.

My speed for the past several months has benchmarked well above 1.5Mbps
download.