ATT Broadband internet info wanted

Hi,  AT&T has recently turned on cable internet in Hudson MA and I am planning
on converting from a dial-up connection to cable for internet access.

I have seen some items about AT&T cable on this list in the past.

Does anyone who currently uses or who has used AT&T cable for internet in the
past have any suggestions about what kind of cable modem has a good record
for this kind of use?

Does anyone have any suggestions about what type of firewall config is the
most straight-forward and reliable for setting up multiple PC's to share a
cable internet connection ?

TIA.

--
Jeff Kinz, Director, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  "jkinz at ultranet.com"
"jkinz at rcn.com" copyright 2002.  Use is restricted. Any use is an

    //\         eLviintuaxbilse            /\\