time change

Hi,
  I recently installed linux on my machine.  The machine has Windows ME and
is set for a dual boot.  When I installed it, I didnt get the time right
(GMT vs EDT etc.)  Hence, when I am in windows (say 8:00p.m) I show the
right time, but when I switch to linux it shows the wrong time (say
4:00p.m.)  If I switch one, the other one becomes wrong.  How do I tell
linux to have the right offset?

let me know,
thx and regards,
-kalyan