Red Hat 7.2 B2 comments (rant)

> As I have more or less already stated elsewhere in this thread, with
> the exception of glibc, which is only one very small piece of a very
> large system, I can do virtually everything I need to without any
> GNU code.  Authoring the C libraries does not get you the right to
> name any system that uses them.  If there were no glibc, someone else
> would have written C libraries...

Not to fuel the fire, but I thought I'd mentioned that there are multiple
C libraries out there that are free in one degree or another (among them
FreeBSD's libc).  I've looked at a couple recently that seem to be popular
in embedded systems and also work well in diskless, network-bootable
clients.  They're minimalistic for the sake of limited space available,
but there's definitely no lack of alternatives out there.

Brian J. Conway
bconway at alum.wpi.edu

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
     - Albert Einstein