Red Hat 7.2 B2 comments (rant)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, John Abreau wrote:

> Ron Peterson <ron.peterson at yellowbank.com> writes:
>
> > rms is not compelling anyone to do anything.  He's requesting.  There's
> > a difference.
>
> I would argue that he's overdoing it. I actually agree with a lot of what
> rms writes about; we certainly see eye-to-eye on the problems with copyright
> and patents in the software field. But I don't agree with his stance on the
> GNU/Linux thing, and whenever I bump into him at a trade show, he always
> asks that I change the name of our user group. I've made it clear that
> I'm not going to change our name, but even after that he won't discuss
> other issues. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that when I'm present, he'll
> only talk about GNU/Linux.
>
> Or maybe it's because I wear my "Boston Linux & Unix" shirts when I attend
> the trade shows.  :-)

It's not you.  He's been to several of my parties (fun people with
music, atmosphere, lots of chocolate...), and never left one
without leaving a wake of enemies behind him.  The pitbull thing is just
too much.  I think he's a real detriment to their cause, frankly.

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  As a SysAdmin, yes, I CAN read your e-mail,
DK KD  but I DON'T get that bored!
DDDD