[Wind] Request for Consulting Contract Samples

A friend contracts through them. They serve as a middleman between you and
the company (similar to the headhunters). They also provide some benefits.

As you know, I have been contracting since about 1985, and have never had
to consult an attorney. My friend Jasper did get sued by an agency and
fought it successfully. Non-compete clauses are the issues you need to look
at. In his case, his contract was finished, and they did not have another
job for him. He then found another job with the same company, but another
division, and the agency sued. Jasper paid an attorney and successfully
fought the agency.

Sometimes, employment contracts may restrict you from concurrent work. They
also claim any intellectual property. So, if you develop software at home
and work in the software industry make sure that you may own what you
produce. Also, if you work as a contractor, unless otherwise stated in the
contract, the work you do belongs to the company, not you.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group