Tulip network card not connecting in 7.3?

> I had a similar problem when I upgraded from RH 7.0 to 7.1 on my home
> machine a while back.  I found that using the alternative driver for
> that chipset (de4x5 driver) solved my problem and let me run 100/full.
> I'm guessing that whatever changes were made to the tulip driver going
> from RH 7.0 -> 7.1 are still in there and still causing problems.

The Tulip driver has always been an awful one to deal with, in that there
are so many different (and sometimes very different) chips using that
name.  The 2.2 kernel started with one driver and then moved to two (I
think it stayed there), and the 2.4 had at one point moved from there to a
unified driver and then back to two separate ones (de4x5 and old_tulip, or
some such thing).  If neither driver work, the updated version from the
web page given previously might, though at that point I'd probably switch
cards (and have in the past).

Brian J. Conway
bconway at alum.wpi.edu

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
     - Albert Einstein