Dell dumps linux

This could be true for Gateway and other pc-only vendors, but what about
vendors such as HPQ and IBM who both manufacture major Unix, proprietary,
Linux and Windows boxes. I know there was some language in the contract
restricting Compaq to some extent but not prohibiting.
If installed Linux had enough market clout, I'm sure that these vendors
could easily push back.
Again, I'm note sure how the contract reads, but HP is now producing
Itanium based systems.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director