ATTBI Registration Resolved

Grant M. writes:
| > We really should be pushing for laws that require ISPs to  allow  any
| > devices that follow the RFCs.
|
| If they have to FOLLOW the RFCs, that could exclude Microsoft products :-).

Well, yeah, but it would also exclude  non-conforming  products  from
all  vendors.   And  if  Microsoft  followed  the standards with some
product, it would be allowed.  I'd think that's what we want.

Of course, there is the ongoing attempt by Microsoft to get DRM  laws
passed that ban all software that's not approved by Microsoft ...