Attbi Woes

Charles writes:
| So the question is whether or not these machines will be lynx friendly.
| Like many of us, my firewall is a salvaged academic box running _free_OS_.
| By salvaged academic box, I of course mean "unable to run X in any
| reasonable manner."  We shall see tonight, when I get a chance to do this
| again.  If all proceeds according to plan, I will post a short how-to so
| others can avoid this dance.

If lynx doesn't work, it a far more serious problem than this.   Many
of the web tools for the visually impaired are based on lynx, or have
the same sort  of  limitations.   If  lynx  can't  access  the  attbi
instruction  pages,  the chances are that they've locked out a lot of
handicapped people, too.

There are moves afoot to use the handicapped-access laws to fight web
sites  that  require  graphical  interfaces.   This is turning into a
serious issue now that a lot of organizations (especially  government
agencies) are moving to the web as their primary means of access.