Don't fix that security hole - sue the finder instead (fwd)

What would be interesting would be to learn  how  many  HP/Compaq/DEC
developers have been told about this in the past year.  Was it buried
by management?  Did someone develop a fix that wasn't distributed?

I can't imagine the techies in Nashua or Cambridge ignoring this.  So
they  must  not have known about it.  Any way we can get more info on
who knew what when?