allowing scp but not ssh (here's how)

This works for me -- use rbash.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
$ ssh qatest at tower15
qatest at tower15's password:

We're sorry, but you do not have shell access to this machine.
Please contact the system administrator for support.

Connection to tower15 closed.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

$ scp cli.pl qatest at tower15:/sfs/qatest
qatest at tower15's password:

NOW, since I can't ssh into the box as  qatest...

$ ssh root at tower15 grep qatest /etc/passwd
root at tower15's password:
qatest:x:507:507:tower15a.storigen.com Account:/sfs/qatest:/bin/rbash

There's some rbash settings you might want to tweak (someone else did this, not me). I think that's all you need to get started... :-)

Scott Prive