Laptop problems

Last night at the meeting I had a bunch of problems with my laptop. It
could be some disk corruption. When I installed SuSE 8, I installed reiser.
However, the laptop has a removable wedge containin the DVD/CD and the
floppy, which sometimes works, but most of the time does not. I've had the
laptop for over 2 years, it comes to work with me, I use it to teach, et.
al. The bottom line is that I need the DVD/CD working to fix the file
system or to reinstall (actually, I can do a network install, but that's a
drag).

Can anyone recommend a good laptop service place that will give me a good
estimate. At some point, I might as well buy a new Linux laptop.
--
Jerry Feldman
Enterprise Systems Group