Overqualified?!?!

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 johnmalloy at attbi.com wrote:
> It has to stop by abolishing the H1-B and investing in
> more education.

Ok, twice I was going to respond to this, but both times I deleted my
message because it was too flamey.  But abolish?

I have some H1B guys.  They are outstanding engineers, who I would
have gladly hired if they were American, too.  I got them during the
dotcom boom when I couldn't fill the jobs because college kids were
dropping out like flies and demanding triple salaries for half the
qualifications.  Just because the bottom fell out of the pot of gold
isn't my problem, nor is it my H1Bs' fault.

If I was *still* loading up on H1B's rather than paying competitive
salaries to out of work American talent, then sure, you might have a
point.  But do you expect me to just get rid of these excellent guys
I already have?  What exactly did they do *wrong* other than being
from another country?

Duane