Overqualified?!?!

I hope this doesn't upset anyone, but it's a last-ditch effort:
I just spent the last hour filling out an application at Home Depot. Last
September I was laid-off from my job as a Software/Web Developer and Admin
making $75k/year, and now it looks like I'll be making less than 1/3 of
that. I have sent out over 1000 resumes, and have had 4 interviews, none
successful.

SO, if you know anyone that might possible save me from the hell of "Do you
want fries with that?" (read 'cheap'), any help would be appreciated, as my
unemployment has run out, and I have to do something. Here's a copy of my
typical email cover letter.
Thanks for any help, and I hope I don't get banned,
Grant M.
===Cover Letter======================================================

Dear Sir or Madam:
    I have been developing software since 1985, and have over 5 years
experience in Perl, 10+ years in C, as well as substantial experience in
other languages. I have experience with Apache/mod_perl, and have a thorough
understanding of UNIX/POSIX systems as well as WinNT/2k. Here is a summary
of my skills:
Web/Internet:
   o Perl, Tcl, and C for CGI
   o HTML, JavaScript, and CSS
   o LDAP, Sendmail, Apache
   o own & operate www.BostonHot.com
   o DBI, ODBC, and mod_perl
Admin:
   o Apache builds, DSO and Static
   o Tomcat/JSERV, mod_perl installs
   o Sendmail and LSF maintenance
   o Solaris, DEC/True64, HP, BSD, and RedHat
   o NT/2K, 95 & 98
   o NetAppliance
Programming:
   o GUI design
   o System Integration
      o MMIs
      o PLCs (Allen-Bradley, Omron, Modicon, Klochner-Moeller)
      o embedded systems (8051)
   o Real-Time Statistical data analysis
   o Perl, C, C++, 8051 & 80x86 Assembly Language
   o BLAST, WU-BLAST, SeqWeb, LSF, CVS/RCS

I am a fast learner and love to learn new technologies. I have good project
analysis and planning skills, and enjoy working both in groups, as well as
on my own. I am personable and get along well with others. I also am
articulate and capable with technical documentation
(http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7980508955.html).
   You can view my complete r)B?sum? online at:
http://www.BostonHot.com/wizres.html
or you can download it at:
http://www.BostonHot.com/docs/Dev.doc (Word format).
I look forward to hearing from you,