IRC HELP!!!!

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Dalan Andelin wrote:
> He every one,
>             I am still having trouble installing a irc server. The one
> Ron recommended (IRCD). I followed the install directions "./configure
> make and make install" and when I type the make install command comes up
> with, You must enter make first.
> I don't know what I did wrong. On the ./configure I just did all the
> default settings.

Hey, don't panic. Yet. :)

Are you using the hybrid ircd? I think it's one of the popular ones.
http://www.ircd-hybrid.net/
I installed it straightforwardly a few weeks ago:
./configure, make, make install.
ISTR I had to edit the ircd.conf (in /usr/local/ircd ?),
basically I just commented out some things and left the
others default (though you'll want to edit some like admin email).