(no subject)

Sendmail question --

	I'm trapped in a maze of twisty little passages.

History --

cable modem -- firewall --smarthost.

Mail sent to <user>@horne.homelinux.net wants to be relayed throuygh the
firewall to smarthost.  This used to be easy.

firewall used to be a redhat 5.1 with sendmail
8.9.3.  This worked fine.  Then that machine got hacked (I think
through a too simple password) and I took it down, replacing it with
a clunker I happened to have rh 4.2 on. I compiled  sendmail 8.9.3
on clunker, configured it identically to firewall, and it worked fine.

So I've fixed up firewall & put redhat 6.2 on it, compiled  sendmail 8.9.3,
and have had no luck with it.  Apparently it's no longer enough to
put  the right macros in sendmail.mc & m4 it; there seem to be an arbitrary
number of funny little files that go into /etc/mail.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make this work?
It should be easy -- and used to be.

			 Thanks,
					Steve