installing Linux on existing drive

On 29 Jun 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:

> With RH7.3 and Grub you do not need a primary partition before
> cyl 1024...  That's an old bug and is no longer relevant.

Technically it was a design limitation, not a bug.  There was n bytes
alloted for sector numbers in a table.

> Did you use PM to unparitition, or is the end-data partitioned in some
> funky manner?  What error does Disk Druid give you?

Disk Druid is frelling dren.  Forget it.  It's one step away from M$FT
software, as it makes all the decisions for you, and you cannot change
them.  Use fdisk, and ask for help if you need it.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  I tried so hard and got so far  But in the end it doesn't even matter
DK KD  I had to fall to lose it all   But in the end it doesn't even matter
DDDD                                                            -Linkin Park