[REDHAT] Re: OpenSSH bug workaround *NOT NEEDED* (fwd)

> Another reason you might want to wait:  I tried installing 3.3 on  my
> home  machine.   I  can now ssh out, but incoming connections all get
> "Permission denied" after I type the password, and  /var/log/messages
> gets a "Failed password for jc from 64.28.81.46 port 46127 ssh2" type
> message.  This fails the same way for all the outside machines that I
> have accounts on.  So far, I haven't found any clues about how to get
> it to work again.  I hope I don't have to enable telnet and ftp ...

Did you set up privilege separation correctly?  It's now enabled by
default and requires setting up an sshd user (instructions are in
README.privsep).  Just a shot in the dark.

Brian J. Conway
bconway at wpi.edu

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
     - Albert Einstein