UnitedLinux "certified binaries" will not to be freely available

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I think that the whole scheme of United Linux is to provide a more
> commercially viable Linux product that can compete with Red Hat.

I think so too, like an act of desperation.
    United Linux (UL), according to their website made their
announcement on May 30th, and it seems Red Hat (RH) made some
counter announcements to show the irrelevance of UL.
For example, UL has a quote from Hewlett-Packard (HP) saying

    "As the #1 vendor of Linux solutions and the leading proponent
    of standards-based computing, HP believes UnitedLinux represents
    an important milestone that will accelerate the use of Linux by
    enterprises around the world. Businesses of all sizes that are
    deploying Linux now have the additional benefit of this unified
    platform."

Yet, look at RH news section, and there are some press releases
from June 18-19 about HP and RH expanding their relationship.
Another example, UL has a quote from SAP. Then you see a press
release from RH around June 5-10 about their partnership with
Oracle and "Unbreakable Linux".