(Fwd) National Dutch Science Foundation sponsored research on

I have been exchanging soime email with Ruben and suggested that this be
posted.
Dear to whom it may concern,

My name is Ruben van Wendel de Joode and currently I am conducting a
research project, which is sponsored by the National Dutch Science
Foundation (NWO). The research is focused on open source and free
software communities. In this research we are interested in a number of
questions:

	(1) How is work coordinated and how do developers collaborate in
these communities?
	(2) How do developers deal with copyrights and with software
patents in these communities? The main focus is on understanding the
various licenses and their impact on the communities and involved
individuals and businesses.
	(3) How is innovation ensured in these communities?

In light of this research I am planning a trip to the US next July.
Currently we are likely to visit a number of cities, namely Boston from
July 8 untill July 14, San Fransisco (including the Silicon Valley) from
July 14 untill July 23 and San Diego from July 23 untill July 28. During
this trip we would like to interview a diverse range of people
concerning the three questions. These people may be open source and free
software developers, intellectual property experts, employees and
management from "Linux-companies" (like Red Hat, Suse, but also Netscape
and IBM), open source and free software institutions and foundations
(like EFF, FSF and OSI) and other researchers researching the open
source and free software "phenomenon".

Through this e-mail I would like to ask you two questions:

	(1) Might it be possible to meet you for an interview, if you
are in or near one of the places I visit in July? If yes, please
respond!
	(2) Could you recommend other people I might interview that (a)
live (or work) in or near Boston, New York or San Fransisco (including
Silicon Valley), (b) fit the profile and (c) might be available in July?
If yes, please respond by sending their e-mail address to me!

My apologies for sending you this long e-mail and ask you these
questions, but hopefully you are willing to cooperate in this research.

With kind regards
----------------
Ruben van Wendel de Joode
Ph. D. Student
Department Organization & Management
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Delft, University of Technology
PO Box 5015
2600 GA Delft
The Netherlands