Best Unix?

Tru64 will remain supported until after the last Alpha is sold. That is
about 10 years up the road. There are many features of Tru64 that will be
migrated to HP-UX. The major pieces have been publicly stated in the
published product roadmaps.

Commercial Unixes have always been closed source. I think the next big test
of Open Source is security. Is Linux ready for wide spread deployment in
both government and industry. IBM and HP are both counting on it.

I suspect that commercial Unixes in the future will be replaced by Linux
with some proprietary add ons.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group