From: discuss-admin at blu.org [mailto:discuss-admin at blu.org]On Behalf Of
Warren E. Agin
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 4:13 PM
To: Rob Ransbottom; discuss at blu.org
Subject: Re: Power Supplies

Power supplies also may have a fuse. This happened to me not long ago.
Fortunately, I ignored the dire warnings on the cover of the power supply
and found the blown fuse inside. Unfortunately, Radio Shack did not have an
exact replacement, so I tried something close.

The point is to make sure the power supply works before buying a new
motherboard.

I have a little device that detects power flows without a direct connection.
You should be able to get one at a radio shack or home depot. Very useful
for things like power supplies where your only concern is whether touching
something will fry your brain.

BTW, you can buy a new poer supply for about $50.

-Warren Agin