M$ && Sending files back? [was: SOT: w2k alters mbr]

> > > As far as I'm concerned, the most significant differences between Linux
> > > and the BSDs are cultural, not technical, and the claims of
> > > "superiority" are some combination of marketing hype and religion.
> >
> > I dunno, a stable and working VM subsystem might figure into play
> > somewhere in there as well. ;-)
>
> Are you referring to Virtual Memory or Virtual Machine?  And which OS are
> you saying is better in this regard?

I was referring to the virtual memory fiasco that has plagued much of the
2.4 series kernels, and still comes up regularly on the Linux kernel
mailing list as an issue that doesn't seem to be resolved in some
environments.  I'm not interested in starting a flamewar, but I think both
Linux and the BSDs (FreeBSD in particular I mostly refer to) have a set of
strengths and weaknesses, and to say that the only differences between
them are non-technical seems very short-sighted.

-b