From: discuss-admin at blu.org [mailto:discuss-admin at blu.org]On Behalf Of
Rob Ransbottom
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 12:08 PM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: SOT: w2k alters mbr

That's "Sorta On Topic".

My home computer suffered a lightening strike which
fried much of it.

Buying a new computer, (o joy, (note lowercase)),
I get w2k with it.

Being a curious sort I install it, everything
works okay except that w2k sets itself (hda3)
active, stealing the next boot.

Is there any way to stop w2k from doing this,
or to have grub fix it?

Incidentally, the old asus P2D with dual pentium
400s w/ sdram, looks pretty good compared to a asus P4
with a P4-1800 w/ ddram.  The P4 is faster, but the
P2D was always responsive, it rarely buried itself in
one task.

Thanks.

My set up is like so:

hda1 A  8M      ext2    grub