Root filesystem 100% full

RF> I am running a huge multi-threaded process that I redirected to a
RF> file in /tmp.  I did delete the file by mistake.  Could that be
RF> the cause of this?  Any ideas?  Unfortunately, I can't reboot
RF> because I have to wait till that process completes which may take
RF> days!

Although you deleted that file, it doesn't mean you freed the space.
The filehandle will still be open allowing the process to write to
disk.  When the process exits and the filehandle is closed, space will
be reclaimed.

-kevin

--
"I haven't had any mail from my mother since her ISP ended up in the
RBL. I deny that I nominated them ..."  (Peter Corlett)