Taping the meetings.

Just for the record Maya isn't a video editor... it's a 3D animation and
rendering tool.

On linux I use a $100 package called Main Actor, it's pretty good and
included DV and MPEG output.

                    -fjr

                    John Abreau
                    <jabr at blu.org        To:     David Kramer <david at thekramers.net>
                    >                    cc:     discuss at blu.org
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Taping the meetings.
                    discuss-admin
                    @blu.org

                    05/30/02
                    11:43 AM

Kino is decent for what it does; it just doesn't do very much yet.
There are commercial video editors for Linux, like Maya, but last
time I checked the "Lite" version was around $2000 and the full package
was something like $7000.

iMovie on MacOS is a decent entry-level editor. I haven't tried the
various Windows video editors, so I can't offer any comparisons.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

"The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

(See attached file: attkix93.dat)