Taping the meetings.

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Christoph Doerbeck A242369 wrote:

> Does Kino work with standard V4L devices like the Hauppaug BTTV based
> TV cards?  Browsing the wed site for kino, it seems like it's targeted
> at ieee1394 devices (I guess that's the interconnect from camera to PC).
>
> I did find a interesting read on making movies with linux.  No indication how
> old this doc might be...
>
> http://www.netjunki.org/articles/makingmovieswithlinux.html

For the record, my new Windows box that I will be building in about a
month will have a firewire port that will connect to my new MiniDV
camcorder, and a big enough hard drive to really work with stuff.  I may
be able to do some of that work, unless you're determined to do it under
Linux.  I consider you competent enough that if that's the best you can
get out of it after playing with it for almost a year, that it just must
not be ready for prime time.  I'm gonna do it under Windows.  Maybe I'll
get a firewire card for the linux box too eventually.  The new server will
have a large (but not as large) hard drive for MP3's.  There seems to be
quite a few models supported, as is my camcorder (Canon Optura 100).

Can you tell I got a job?

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "No matter how much cats fight,
DK KD  there always seem to be plenty of kittens."
DDDD                                  - Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)