My CD shows "TRACK01.CDA"

At 22:23 2002-05-27 -0400, Bill Horne wrote:

>It was copied with a Wintel machine, using the CD burner program that came with the CD-R drive. The other five disks in the set look OK, so I suspect we fat fingered an option when copying the first one.

Seen this happen. In fact, I produced a half dozen coasters, most of which were just as you described - Win98 was mistaking them for audio discs.

In my case, I was burning no-name "8x" CDRs on a borrowed 8x burner. The problem went away when I switched to burning them at 4x.

I think maybe one or two of the discs I burned at 8x actually came out all right. The rest were a disaster.

One other thing ... there is a Win utility called "isobuster" that is intended for reading damaged and non-standard CDs. I haven't tried it yet. It's freeware (I think there are extra features when you register). This might read your problem disc.

... or not ...