CPU's and motherboards?

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Scott Prive wrote:
> I just build a smokin Linux system a few months back, for under a grand:

> Pioneer DVR-104 2x DVD-R burner ($340 from esbuy.com.. works with my 2
> year old DVD Video player can you believe it?! :-)

Are those guys reliable?

> This is a dual-boot system. I have not tried the DVD-R under Linux yet.

I'm very curious about burning DVDs and video capture under Linux, but the
information on every source I've found on the net has been so outdated or
confusing I'm resigning to just doing that under Windows.

> I have no idea about Matrox cards in Linux, but I would be sure that the
> card not only "works" in Linux, but also has hardware-accelerated OpenGL
> support. 3D setup in Linux can still be quirky. For that reason I would
> suggest NVidia cards over ATI any day.

The thing about the NVidia cards is you have to get the proprietary binary
driver on there after installation for it to work.  That makes me a little
nervous, so I was thinking Matrox instead.

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any
DKK D  invention in human history--with the possible exceptions
DK KD  of handguns and tequila."                     Mitch Ratliffe
DDDD