blu.org mailing list memberships reminder

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> However, mailman like majordomo has a feature where you can remove
> yourself. I've got a couple of canned messages I send people. Also, every
> message sent out contains a series of subscription options URLs in the
> message header. Some email programs recognize these and provide help to the
> user.

The reason I replied to the admin email address (which was in the To:, I
was unaware of discuss in the CC:.  That was an error) was to ask to have
that feature turned off.  I have met more than one mailman admin that
either didn't know it was switchable, or didn't know the users could get
their password anyway.

And shame on mailman for making the switch system-wide instead of per
list.

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of
DKK D  Parliament], 'Pray, Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine
DK KD   wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not
DDDD   able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that
       could provoke such a question."            -- Charles Babbage