blu.org mailing list memberships reminder

David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> writes:

> On Wed, 1 May 2002 mailman-owner at blu.org wrote:
>
> > This is a reminder, sent out once a month, about your blu.org mailing
> > list memberships.  It includes your subscription info and how to use
> > it to change it or unsubscribe from a list.
>

> I thought we disabled the monthly password reminders.  If this was not an
> accident, and you plan on leaving the monthly reminder feature in place,
> that sends passwords in cleartext, when any member can get their password
> sent to them on demand anyway, then please take me off the list.

As I think I explained last month, this is disabled on the discuss list,
but we also host a bunch of lists for other groups, and each list owner
sets this for their lists as they see fit. Which list did you get that
message from? You only quoted the first few lines, and left out the
bit at the bottom that identifies which list.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9