ssh checksum error

"Peter R. Wood" <lists at prwdot.org> writes:

> Another error I get is:
>
> Message Authentication Code did not verify (packet #21825). Data integrity
> has been compromised.

I used to get that one all the time. I don't remember the details now, but
I think it was a bug in an older version of the F-Secure ssh server
software.
After I upgraded the affected servers to openssh, the problem never
recurred.
I suspect it had something to do with the current session key expiring and
a subtle bug in the exchange of the next session key.

I imagine that upgrading to a more recent F-Secure version would probably
have fixed it as well.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

   "The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
    Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,
    and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching."
        (translated from an Assyrian stone tablet, c. 2800 B.C.)