sig cruft

Adam Russell wrote:

> I don't know the answer to the question. If more than one person is bothered by the advertising the bigmailbox.com peple put at the bottom I guess I could use a different address. Although, yahoo, hotmail, and pretty much all other free webmail types do this I would go as far as to say that one would have to be pretty thin skinned and have a pretty boring life to have this bother them.
> [snip]
> PS: You should check out this great new site that I found. They've got free
> movies, music, email. It's really great! http://www.netbroadcaster.com

> Express yourself with a super cool email address from BigMailBox.com.
> Hundreds of choices. It's free!
> http://www.bigmailbox.com

Adam,

It's not the ad. It's THE AD.

I mean, *look* at it: the breathless "PS: You should ..." (In the first person), and the "It's free!" come-on,
combined with a sixth-grade reading level. It's not only wasted bandwidth on the list, but wasted
time for everyone who reads it.

The insult doesn't help your case.

Bill
--