installfest issues

This is an outline of the dual boot system I had
in the past.
/dev/hda was the pre-existing MS partitiones HD.
/dev/hdb was new for linux
hda had one primary and 3 logical partitions
labeled c,d,e, and f.
NT4 resided on e:\, the boot.ini on c:\

I installed linux on hdb with lilo on the first
partition. I then copied vmlinux to the primary
partition c:\ on hda via the following command;

dd if=/dev/hdb1 of=/c/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1

I then added the line:

C:\bootsect.lnx="LINUX"

to the end of the boot.ini file and I am done.

Now when I boot up the computer I have the menu
choice of booting WinNt4 or Linux.
I assume that you have a linux boot floppy and
that you have edited fstab to recognize your MS
drive. If you haven't edited fstab then you have
to dd to a floppy, exit linux, start NT4 and copy
a:\bootsect.lnx    c:\ .

I hope this is helpful if not in this instance
maybe in another.

Jim Kelly-Rand