Mozilla/Galeon MIME Types

Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> writes:

> This is my attempt to follow the telnet suggestions:
>
>   $ telnet live.charm.net 8000
>   Trying 206.41.198.76...
>   Connected to live.charm.net (206.41.198.76).
>   Escape character is '^]'.
>   head /wjhu/listen.pls             <- I hit two cr's here, they
>   head /wjhu/listen.pls                echoed the line the extra
>                                        time

If that's supposed to be talking HTTP, then your request was missing
the version tag. Apache assumes that if there's no version tag, then
the request must be from an antique browser like the original Mosaic.
In that case it only responds to the "GET" and "POST" commands, and
sends its response with no headers.

Also, the original NCSA httpd only responded to uppercase requests;
"GET" was valid, but "get" was not. Apparently Apache has relaxed that
requirement, but I don't know if the icecast server software does.

Your request should be of the form

    HEAD /wjhu/listen.pls HTTP/1.0

or

    HEAD /wjhu/listen.pls HTTP/1.1
    Host: live.charm.net

followed by a blank line to terminate the request.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

   "The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
    Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,
    and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching."
        (translated from an Assyrian stone tablet, c. 2800 B.C.)