RAID Munging Question

Yes, but what Christoph is trying to achieve is the
Raid-1'ing of a system initially installed to a single
hard drive.  The basic approach is to create the new
md devices on the 2nd disk, specifying the new disk as
the good disk and the original disk as a 'failed' disk
in the mirror.  Create filesystems on the md devices
and copy the filesystem data to the new drive
(preferably in single user mode).

Now comes the fun part.  You need to get LILO loaded
such that it boots the 2nd drive so your original
drive
is free to join the mirrored set.  How exactly do you
configure lilo.conf? and do you use the one on
/dev/hda
or the one on the new /dev/md2?  Can you even use the
one on /dev/md2 because it should think that /dev/hda
is a failed drive.  Stay tuned.  The answers to these
and many more questions should be forthcoming!

Gordon