Verizon & Ports

   From: "Chuck Young" <chy at genuity.com>
   Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:11:05 -0500

   Personally I think ISP as a generic term should be depricated.
   Service providers are morphing into niche players.  These folks are
   really service providers linking consumers with content providers,
   and charging you for it.  You may want to revisit the speakeasy
   thread and give a referral bonus to one of these guys.

I've been on Speakeasy for a few days now, and right now I'm
completely satisfied.  I signed up for 608/128 service, and my
download speed is about 63 KB/sec, which is pretty close to maxed out.

There was a period of a few days earlier this week when it looks like
their mailserver might have been slow, but it came back to life just
fine.

Overall, though, the best thing seems to be that they treat people as
responsible adults.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net