Digital Camers WRT: Smart Media vs. CF media

Thanks for the feedback. Also, some others I know like the Canon Powershot
G1. One advantage here is that it not only supports CFII, but also supports
the IBM mocrodrive. However, one negative on  the camera which may be a
showstopper:"USB: Cable connection via camera's USB port is limited to pre-
installed Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows ME systems".

WRT: CF. Currently one may obtain CF cards up to 1GB, which makes them much
preferable to Smart Media. I have pretty much decided to limit my search to
cameras with CF (I or II). The reason is that I can also use the CF cards
in my IPaQ and other Linux computers.