stupid g++ question

  This code still compiles for me.  I'm using Red Hat 7.2 with all updates.
BTW: I find it amazing that people are still referring to Red Hat's 2.96
release of GCC as 'bastardized' and other sometimes derogatory terms.  I
guarantee you that things like this will keep cropping with 2.95 and some 3.0
releases.  That's not to say that this can't be fixed or isn't some genuine
installation problem, just that a stock Red Hat 7.2 + updates compiles it
fine.  For further information on Red Hat's 2.96 release of GCC, read
http://www.bero.org/gcc296.html.
  What distribution and compiler/library version are you using again?