help for the color blind

To put it bluntly, the man pages are of no use since the colors RH
implemented in 72  are outside of my visual spectrum.

I can fix the man pages to display in mono by updating /etc/man.config
to use 'more' as my pager.  However, I'd like to continue using 'less'.

I can't seem to find the options/configs to disable or reprogram the
color values 'less' is using.

Any help?

/etc/DIR_COLORS is only used for 'ls' color AFAIK, and I did fix
my gripe with color directory listings.  Yikes...

- christoph
PS: Here's to lookin at all yall in black and white next week :-)